Recipe type: Supper
You haven't tried yellow squash quite the way this recipe delivers; Parsley and toasted pine nuts finish the flavor.
- 4 small yellow squash
- Sea salt
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 medium tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Remove ends from squash and cut them into julienne. Sprinkle with salt and let sit about 1 hour. Rinse well and squeeze dry with a tea towel.
- Saute onion in olive oil until golden. Add squash and tomatoes and saute a few minutes more, over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Stir in pine nuts and parsley.
Complexity: Very easy