Vegetable Barley Casserole
Recipe type: Supper
This casserole dish is deliciously easy! Have it alone as a meal or a side dish, you can't go wrong either way and to top it off with some melted raw milk cheese- yummy!
- 2½ cups frozen, mixed vegetables, thawed
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 cup barley
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups vegetable or beef broth
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1½ cups raw milk cheese, shredded
- Grease a baking dish with olive oil. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, combine the mixed vegetables, onion, barley, parsley, salt, and pepper. Stir in broth and beans.
- Transfer to a baking dish. Cover and bake for 50-55 minutes or until vegetables and barley are tender.
- Uncover, sprinkle cheese over top. Bake, uncovered for another 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is melted. Enjoy!
Complexity: Very easy