Two Potato Soup
Recipe type: Supper
Sweet potatoes and regular russet potatoes make up this yummy potato soup.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1 cup organic full fat yogurt
- Heat oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion and cook until translucent. Add potatoes and garlic and cook another 2-3 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, thyme, and cayenne pepper and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer covered until the potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Take a potato masher and mash the lumps. Add the salt and pepper and bring to a simmer. Add the yogurt and cook till warm.
Complexity: Very easy