Recipe type: Supper
Warm up this winter with this healthier version of Grandma's standard chili recipe.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- 1 pound turkey cutlets, cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 12 cups cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken stock
- Sea salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally,until softened, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute more.
- Add turkey, chili powder and cumin, cook, stirring often, until turkey is no longer pink inside, about 5 minutes.
- Add beans, tomatoes with juice, and stock,bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer about 15 minutes. Season to taste.
Complexity: Very easy