Tuna Salad with Cranberry Beans and Fennel
Recipe type: Supper
Tuna salad is no longer a mundane dish after spicing it up with the ingredients in this recipe.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon type mustard
- 1 teaspoon anchovy paste
- 1 pound tuna steaks, about 1 inch thick
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup cooked and drained cranberry beans
- 1 fennel bulb, chopped
- 2 cups arugula, coarse stems removed
- Preheat broiler. Brush tuna on both sides with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Place on a nonstick broiler pan. Broil for 4-8 minutes per side, until just cooked through. Slice and set aside.
- To make the dressing, combine the olive oil, vinegar, mustard and anchovy paste in a small bowl and whisk to blend.
- Combine the tuna, beans, fennel, scallions, tomatoes, capers, parsley, and fennel fronds in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Divide the arugula among four plates and mound the tuna mixture on top. Serve immediately.
Complexity: Very easy Origin: Supper