Sweet Potato Pancakes
Recipe type: Supper
Take a detour from your normal pancake recipe and jazz it up with this sweet potato version.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1 large potato, washed and shredded
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 tablespoons oat flour
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Sea salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Soak shredded potato in water with lemon juice and salt for several hour or overnight. Drain and squeeze dry in a tea towel.
- Mix eggs with flour and nutmeg and season to taste. Stir in grated vegetables. Use a ¾ cup measure to scoop out batter.
- Saute until golden on both sides in butter and olive oil.
Complexity: Very easy