Recipe type: Supper
Here is a healthy but tasty sushi roll recipe.
- 1 pinch celery seed-ground
- 1 teaspoon sea salt- ground
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups sunflower seeds, soaked overnight and drained
- ½ cup walnuts or almonds, soaked
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup lime juice
- 4 Nori sheets
- 1 green pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 purple onion, thinly sliced
- Blend spices together and let stand in a small bowl for 10 minutes.
- Blend seeds and nuts in a large bowl with blender stick or a food processor.
- Combine and blend well the above seeds, nuts and spices to form a spread.
- Lay one Nori sheet down on a flat surface and spread ¼ of the mixture to within 1 inch of the short side; this will be the bare side. Slightly moisten the bare edge of Nori with water. Then place a few sliced vegetables lengthwise on spread mixture- 1 inch from end (opposite the 1 inch of bare Nori.) Roll over the vegetables- beginning with the spread edge and on to the raw edge, seal. Let sit for 10 minutes then slice 1 inch thick. Chill for at least one hour.
Complexity: Very easy