Stir Fry Bean Sprouts
Recipe type: Supper
Modify the classic bean sprout recipe with these alterations.
- 4 cups bean sprouts
- 1 red pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into julienne
- ¼ pounds Chinese peas, ends removed
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- ¼ cup naturally fermented soy sauce
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder mixed with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds
- Heat the oil in a frying pan or wok. Stir fry the carrots for about 2 minutes, add pepper and cook for 1 minute. Add the Chinese peas and stir fry another minute.
- Add the liquid mixture to the vegetables and bring to a boil Add arrowroot mixture along with sprouts and sesame seeds and cook a minute longer, stirring constantly, until the sauce thickens and vegetables are well coated.
Complexity: Very easy