Spinach with Garlic and Pine Nuts
Recipe type: Supper
Adding garlic to any dish makes it taste that much better, but sauteing it in olive oil with spinach and then tossing it with pine nuts makes, for quite the delicious blend of flavors!
- 1 pound spinach leaves, tough stems removed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- Sea salt and pepper
- Wash spinach and spin dry, leaving some droplets of water on leaves.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat and add garlic and cook about 1 to 2 minutes. Add spinach to the pan, in batches if necessary, and saute until starting to wilt, 30 seconds. Cook, stirring and tossing frequently until all spinach is wilted and liquid is absorbed, about 3 minutes. Add pine nuts and season to taste. Serve hot.
Complexity: Very easy