Spiced Chicken Breasts
Recipe type: Supper
If you are looking for a way to add a little flavor to the normal chicken breast recipe, try spicing it up with this spicy chicken breast recipe. The dried chile flakes, paprika, and turmeric to name a few, really compliment each other in this recipe!
- 6 chicken breasts, with the skin on
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon dried chile flakes
- 4-5 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Trim chicken breasts and pound lightly with the small prong side of a meat hammer. Mix spices and garlic with oil and brush onto chicken pieces. Marinate chicken breasts in refrigerator for several hours or overnight.
- Brush a heavy skillet with olive oil and allow it to heat up. Pat chicken breasts dry and cook over medium-high heat, two or three at a time, for about 7 minutes per side. Transfer to a heated platter and keep warm in the oven until ready to serve.
Complexity: Very easy