Spanish Roast Beef
Recipe type: Supper
Marinating beef sirloin in the exceptional flavors of these ingredients make this dinner recipe so unique and delicious.
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- ¼ cup water
- 2 limes, juiced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely minced (wear gloves)
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- Sea salt and pepper
- 1½ pounds boneless sirloin roast
- 1 cup beef stock
- 2 tablespoon arrowroot powder mixed with 2 tablespoons water
- ⅛ teaspoon stevia
- 4 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- In a bowl, combine onion, water, lime juice, garlic, olive oil, jalapeno pepper, ¼ teaspoon thyme, salt and pepper. Place the beef in a plastic bag and pour marinade over the meat, seal the bag, and refrigerate for 6-8 hours.
- Remove meat from marinade, reserving the marinade. Place meat on a rack in a roasting pan.
- Roast for 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees or until desired doneness. Remove meat from pan, cover with foil. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile strain remaining marinade. Deglaze pan with ½ cup of beef broth, pour into a saucepan. Add strained marinade, stevia, beef stock, and remaining thyme. Bring to a simmer. Stir in the arrowroot mixture and continue to cook until the sauce thickens. Stir in parsley. Slice meat and serve with the sauce.
Complexity: Very easy