Sauteed Lemon Escarole
Recipe type: Supper
You probably haven't had escarole quite like this before. Escarole sauteed with red onions and a little lemon juice, make this a delicious and easy side dish to prepare with any meal.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 2 pounds escarole, halved lenghwise, cored and cut crosswise into 2 inch strips
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, reduce heat to medium and cook until softened and lightly browned, about 3 minutes.
- Increase heat to medium-high heat. Add escarole in batches, tossing each batch with tongs until wilted before adding the next, until all the escarole is wilted, about 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat, stir in lemon juice and season to taste. Serve hot.
Complexity: Very easy