Roasted Pepper Chicken
Recipe type: Supper
Add a little zing to your chicken tonight with this recipe that is rue to be a favorite.
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into ½ pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup brown rice, uncooked
- ¾ cup roasted bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 cups chicken stock
- ¼ teaspoon powdered saffron
- ½ bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- Sea salt and pepper
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken and onions, cook, stirring often, until the onion is softened, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in rice. Add peppers, stock and saffron, bring to a boil.
- Cover; reduce heat, and simmer, stirring occasionally, until most of the liquid is absorbed, about 30 minutes.
- Stir in parsley and season to taste.
Complexity: Very easy