Red Snapper, Mexican Style
Recipe type: Supper
Here is a delicious Mexican red snapper recipe that can't go wrong with chopped cilantro, chile pepper, and tomatoes to name a few.
- 4 red snapper fillets
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 3 ripe tomatoes, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 bunch cilantro chopped
- 1 fresh chile pepper, seeded and chopped (wear gloves)
- 3-4 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- Pinch cinnamon
- Salt to taste
- Rub fillets with lime juice, cover and refrigerate for several hours.
- Dry the filts with paper towels. In a nonstick or cast-iron skillet, saute the filets briefly in olive oil on both sides. Transfer to an oiled glass baking dish.
- Add more olive oil to the skillet and saute the onion until soft. Add remaining ingredients and simmer for about 30minutes or more until most of the liquid is absorbed. Season to taste with salt.
- Pour over fish and bake at 350 degrees until tender, about 25 minutes.
Complexity: Very easy Origin: Supper