Red Cabbage with Orange
Recipe type: Supper
A red cabbage, chopped onion, and oranges along with a little red wine vinegar makes for an appealing dish.
- 1 medium red cabbage, shredded
- 1 small onion, peeled chopped
- Zest of 2 oranges
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- ⅛ teaspoon stevia
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 tablespoons organic butter
- Combine the onion, orange zest and juice, garlic, salt, stevia, and vinegar. Pour over cabbage and toss well. Marinate overnight, tossing occasionally.
- Melt butter in a large saucepan. Add cabbage mixture and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat and cook gently for about 1 hour, uncovered, until the cabbage is tender and the liquid has evaporated.
Complexity: Very easy