Recipe type: Supper
Try this Quinoa Pilaf consisting of walnuts, red pepper, scallions, and quinoa.
- 1¾ cups water
- ¾ cup quinoa
- ½ cup toasted walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Combine the water and quinoa in a medium saucepan and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer until tender, about 15 minutes. Drain and place in a mixing bowl.
- Saute pepper and scallions over medium heat until softened. Add to quinoa along with the walnuts, vinegar and olive oil. Season to taste.
Complexity: Very easy