Recipe type: Supper
This oven-baked pot roast recipe comes with much flavor and satisfaction.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds beef chuck, trimmed of fat
- Sea salt and pepper
- 2 onions, sliced
- 4 carrots, sliced
- 2 celery stalks
- 1 pound red tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- 4 tomatoes, diced
- Heat the oil in a large dutch oven over medium heat. Add the beef and cook till browned. Season to taste. Remove the vegetables from the pan.
- Add the meat back to the pan and put the vegetables on top. Add the diced tomatoes and a little water. Cover and back at 350 degrees for about 1 hour.
Complexity: Very easy