Pineapple Fried Rice
Recipe type: Supper
What an interesting and delicious combination of flavors that is a must try! This recipe can be made with or without chicken depending on preference.
- 1½ cups brown rice (3 cups total cooked)
- 5 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 large organic eggs, beaten
- 2 cups canned organic pineapple chunks, drained and chopped
- 1 cups carrots, diced
- 1 cups yellow onion, diced
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 cup frozen yellow corn, non-GMO
- 2 tablespoons garlic, minced
- ½ scallions, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons gluten-free soy sauce
- Sea salt and pepper
- Chicken, cooked and chopped if chicken is desired
- Cook the rice according to the package instructions. Allow to cool for at least 2 hours before making the fried rice.
- IN a large wok of skillet, heat 1 tablespoon of the oil over medium heat, tilking the pan to coat the sides. Add the eggs to the wok and cook, stirring, until thickened, 3 to 4 minutes. Shread or break up the scrambled eggs and set aside.
- In the same wok, heat 3 tablespoons of the oil over medium-high heat. Add the pineapple, carrots, onions, peas, corn, and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until the onions become translucent, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Stir in the cooked rice, scallions, soy sauce, the remaining 1 tablespoon of the oil, and salt and pepper to taste. If adding chicken, could add at this time as well. Cook, stirring, until the rice begins to brown, 5-6 minutes. Stir in the cooked eggs and serve.
Complexity: Very easy