Peppers and Almonds
Recipe type: Supper
This is a healthy and delicious recipe of sauteed red peppers with raisins and toasted almond slivers.
- 4 red peppers, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 green pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¾ cup toasted almond slivers
- ½ cup raisins
- ⅛ teaspoon stevia
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- Sea salt and pepper
- Saute peppers in olive oil until tender.
- Meanwhile, mix stevia and vinegar together and heat over a low flame.
- Add raisins and vinegar mixture to the pepper and boil down until most of the liquid has evaporated. Stir in almonds and season to taste.
Complexity: Very easy