Rustic Tomato Soup
Recipe type: Soup
This tomato soup recipe is easy to make and taste delicious and especially if you like a little spice- if not, just lessen the red pepper flakes!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 can (28 ounce) unsalted diced tomatoes
- 3 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1½ cups vegetable stock
- Sea salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and red pepper flakes. Stirring occasionally until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juice, basil and stock. Increase heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes. Season to taste and serve hot.
Complexity: Very easy