Nutty Sweet Potato Soup
Recipe type: Soup
All combined, this soup has just the perfect amount of salty and sweet ingredients to make for a delicious soup!
- 1 large onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, diced (about 1 cup)
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced (about 1 teaspoon)
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 large sweet potato, peeled and cubed (2 cups)
- 6 cups low-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can no salt added diced tomatoes, with their juices
- ⅔ cup creamy natural peanut butter
- 2 teaspoons honey
- ½ cup chopped scallion greens (about 3 scallions)
- Heat the oil in a large soup pot over a medium-high heat.
- Add the onions, bell pepper and carrots and cook, stirring until the vegetables soften, about 5 minutes.
- Add the cayenne, black pepper, garlic and ginger and cook for 1 minute more.
- Stir the sweet potato, broth, tomatoes and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 minutes.
Complexity: Very easy