Mexican Chicken Soup
Recipe type: Soup
Bring a little Mexican salsa to an ordinary chicken soup with this Mexican Chicken Soup recipe.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- 3 teaspoons ground cumin
- 5 cups chicken stock
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2 inch strips
- 2 cups mild salsa
- Sea salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and jalapeno, cook, stirring often, until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cumin and cook 30 seconds more.
- Add stock, increase heat to high and bring to a rapid simmer. Add chicken and cook until no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes. Stir in salsa, bring to a simmer and season to taste.
Complexity: Very easy