Fresh Tomato Soup
Recipe type: Soup
A green pepper, carrot, an onion, and of course fresh tomatoes completes this yummy tomato soup recipe.
- 1 cup (2 stalks) celery, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4½ cups chicken broth- divided
- 1 quart fresh tomatoes, peeled and chopped
- ½ teaspoon curry powder
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ c flour if desired (for thickening)
- 2 packages stevia
- In a large pan, saute celery, onion, carrot and green pepper in the olive oil; add 4 cups of the broth, tomatoes, curry powder, salt, pepper, and stevia.
- Heat to boiling, reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes. Blend with a hand blender to get a less chunky soup. Add thickening in ½ cup broth if desired. Let simmer till thickened. Stir frequently.
Complexity: Very easy