Creamy Cauliflower Soup
Recipe type: Soup
Full fat yogurt is the secret behind this amazingly creamy cauliflower soup.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets and slice the stems into ¼ inch pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 4 cups water
- ¼ cup organic plain full fat yogurt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Sea salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, stirring occasionally, about 5 minutes.
- Add cauliflower and a pinch of salt, cover and cook 5 minutes. Add water, cover and bring to a simmer, and cook until cauliflower is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Puree vegetables and cooking liquid in a blender or food processor until smooth. Return to the saucepan and whisk in the yogurt and nutmeg. Season to taste.
Complexity: Very easy