Chicken and Rice Chowder
Recipe type: Soup
This is a wonderful savory chicken and rice chowder to start your night off right.
- 6 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup water
- 3 boneless chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 2 teaspoons thyme
- Sea salt and pepper
- ½ cup brown rice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- In a large saucepan, bring the chicken stock and water to a boil and add the chicken, thyme, salt, pepper and rice, reduce heat.
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, onion, carrots, and celery, cook until the onions are translucent. Add flour and combine well. Add this mixture to the stock in the saucepan. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until thickened, about 20-30 minutes.
Complexity: Very easy Origin: Supper