Chicken and Mushroom Soup
Recipe type: Soup
Chicken, Mushrooms, and brussels sprouts make up this must try soup!
- 1 medium leek, light green and white parts only
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1 cup water
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut into ½ inch pieces
- 8 ounces Brussels sprouts, halved
- Sea salt and pepper
- Trim leek, keeping root intact. Slice in half lengthwise, submerge in cold water and rinse thoroughly to remove any dirt. Slice into ¼ inch pieces.
- Bring water, stock and thyme to a low boil. Add leek and mushrooms, reduce heat and simmer until leek is tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken and Brussels sprouts. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Season to taste and serve hot.
Complexity: Very easy