Black Bean Soup
Recipe type: Soup
Feel full and content with this delicious black bean soup!
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ teaspoon oregano
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 cups black beans, cooked and drained
- Salt and pepper
- Heat the oil in a soup pot over medium-high heat. Add the onion, garlic, and bell pepper. Cook till the onion is translucent. Do not let the garlic burn. Add the spices and chicken stock, bring to a boil.
- Add the beans and bring back to a boil. Season to taste.
- In a food processor puree half the soup. Add the puree back to the soup, re-heat and serve.
Complexity: Very easy