Black Bean Soup
Recipe type: Soup
Unique ingredients take an ordinary black bean soup and make it extraordinary.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 medium carrot, diced
- 10 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 5 cups cooked black beans
- 3 oranges, juiced with pulp
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- Saute the onion, cumin, salt, carrot, and half the garlic in the olive oil over medium heat, until the carrot is tender. Add the bell pepper and the rest of the garlic and saute until everything is very tender, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Mix in the orange juice, black beans, cayenne pepper, black pepper and tomatoes.
- Puree half the soup in a blender or food processor until smooth, add back to soup in pan and stir.
- Simmer over low heat for 10-15 minutes and serve.
Complexity: Very easy