Bean Soup with Kale
Recipe type: Soup
You won't only get an exceptionally nutrient rich bean and kale soup with this recipe, but a fabulous flavor as well!
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- 1 bunch kale, trimmed and sliced
- 1 pound cannellini beans, soaked overnight
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 5½ cups chicken stock
- ¼ cup tomato sauce
- Sea salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onions, carrot, and garlic. Cook until the onions are translucent. Add the kale and cook till wilted, about 3 minutes.
- In a crock-pot, place the beans, red pepper flakes and onion kale mixture, and cover with the chicken stock. Cook on high for 8 hours or until the beans are tender. Once the beans are done add the tomato sauce and season to taste.
Complexity: Very easy