Autumn Vegetable Soup
Recipe type: Soup
Sweet potato, spinach, and black beans really come together nicely in this vegetable soup.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and mashed
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 cup cooked black beans, rinsed
- 2 ounces baby spinach
- Sea salt and pepper
- Heat oil in saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, reduce heat to medium-low heat and cook, stirring frequently, until softened, about 5 minutes, do not brown.
- Add stock, increase heat to high, and bring stock to a boil Add sweet potato and black beans, reduce to a simmer and cook until the vegetables are tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in spinach and heat until wilted. Season to taste.
Complexity: Very easy