Asparagus Soup with Parmesan
Recipe type: Soup
Try this recipe for a fresh and easy way to have asparagus soup.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2½ pounds asparagus, ends trinned and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 4 teaspoons freshly grated parmasan cheese
- Sea salt and pepper
- Heat oil over medium heat in a saucepan. Add onion, garlic, and asparagus and cook, stirring occasionally, until onions soften, 5-7 minutes. Do no brown.
- Add broth, bring to a simmer, and cook until asparagus is just tender, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from heat and carefully puree with a blender or hand blender. Return to the pan, gently reheat, and season to taste. Serve sprinkled with parmesan.
Complexity: Very easy