Apple-Butternut Squash Soup
Recipe type: Soup
If there was a way to taste the changing of the seasons, this soup definitely gives the feeling of fall.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1 inch pieces
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1 apple, peeled and seeded and grated
- Sea salt and pepper
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed saucepan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened and lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add squash and apple, cover and cook 10 minutes or more, stirring occasionally. Add stock and simmer until softened, about 15-20 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon transfer the solid ingredients to a blender or food processor with 2 cups of the cooking liquid and puree until smooth. Stir back into pan and season to taste.
Complexity: Very easy