Laura's Black Bean and Brown Rice Cakes
Recipe type: Snack
Here is a healthy brown rice snack that you can make on your own that is delicious on it's own, or with a sauce that you can try along with it.
- 2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 large scallions, coarsely chopped
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded
- ¾ cup brown rice, cooked
- Coarse sea salt
- Pepper, ground
- 1 tablespoon ococnut oil
- Optional sauce:
- ½ cup plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, finely chopped
- 1½ tablespoons lime juice
- Use one can of beans, scallions, cumin and pepper to make a chunky paste in the food processor.
- Combine paste with rice and the other can of beans; season with salt and pepper. Divide mixture into eight 3 inch patties.
- Spread coconut oil on rimmed baking sheet and bake the eight patties for 10-12 minutes at 450 degrees till golden brown on the bottom; let them rest for 5 extra minutes before removing from the pain.
- To make optional sauce: Mix yogurt, cilantro and lime juice; season with salt and pepper.
Complexity: Very easy