Warm Spinach and Mushroom Salad
Recipe type: Salad
Warm cooked mushrooms with some toasted walnuts finishes the rest of the ingredients in this warm salad recipe.
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 12 ounces baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup toasted walnuts, roughly chopped
- 8 ounces white mushrooms, sliced
- Sea salt and pepper
- Combine shallot, vinegar and salt in a small bowl.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened and lightly browned, about 3-5 minutes. Transfer the mushrooms to a large bowl with the spinach and walnuts.
- Add shallot mixture and remaining oil, toss gently to coat. Season to taste.
Complexity: Very easy