Recipe type: Salad
With all the health benefits of quinoa, this is a must try salad.
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cup water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- ¼ to ½ teaspoon basil, oregano and thyme (to taste)
- 1½ cup cherry tomatoes halved
- ⅓ cup minced onion
- Place the quinoa, water and salt in a medium pan. Cover and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium, cover partially and cook at a slow boil until the grains have doubled in size, about 12 minutes. If necessary, uncover and cook until all the water is absorbed about 2 minutes more.
- While the quinoa is cooking, combine the olive oil, garilic and ground black pepper. Place in a medium size bowl. Just before the quinoa is finished add the herbs to the olive oil mixture. When the quinoa is ready, add it to the olive oil, tossing until it is combned. Add the cherry tomatoes and onion. Check the seasoning and serve immediately- also good cold.
Complexity: Very easy