Quinoa, Cucumber and Mint Salad
Recipe type: Salad
This is a succulent salad that has all the health benefits of quinoa while the mint and lemon makes it quite refreshing.
- 1½ cups water
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 1 cucumber, peeled and chopeed
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Sea salt and pepper
- Soak quinoa for 15 minutes in cold water, drain and rinse. Place quinoa and 1/12 cups water in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover and turn heat down to a simmer, cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes with the lid on.
- Spread quinoa onto a large platter and place in the refrigerator to cool slightly, about 5 minutes.
- Place in a large bowl and fluff with a fork. Add tomato, cucumber, mint, oil and lemon juice. Stir together and season to taste.
Complexity: Very easy