Chicken and Citrus Salad
Recipe type: Salad
Pink grapefruit along with red wine vinegar gives this citrus salad its tangy flavor.
- ½ of a red onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, chopped
- 1 pink grapefruit, sectioned
- Sea salt and pepper
- Combine the onion, vinegar, 4 tablespoons of the oil, salt and pepper in a jar with a lid. Close tightly and shake to mix. Set aside.
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat remaining oil in a skillet over medium-high heat and cook the chicken until browned, about 5-7 minutes per side. Remove from heat and cut into ½ inch pieces and toss with 3 tablespoons of the dressing.
- Gently toss the lettuce, grapefruit and remaining dressing in a large bowl. Season to taste. Serve salad topped with the chicken slices.
Complexity: Very easy