Raw Sweet Potato Pie
Recipe type: Dessert
This sweet potato pie recipe is a sweet delicious treat without the need for any milk or eggs
- 2 cups almonds
- cup dates, pitted and soaked for 4-6 hours
- 5 cups sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 14 dates, pitted and soaked for 4-6 hours
- apple juice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 oranges, juiced
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 2 tablespoons almond butter
- Zest of 1 orange
- Zest of 2 lemons
- In a food processor grind the almonds till fine. Add the ¼ cup of dates and blend till smooth. Remove from the food processor and press into the pie pan.
- Place the sweet potato into a food processor and process till well blended. Add 8 dates, apple juice, cinnamon and vanilla, blend till smooth. Remove from food processor and pour over the crust.
- Combine in a blender the remaining ingredients and blend till smooth. Spread over the top of the filling. Chill overnight in the refrigerator.
Complexity: Very easy Origin: Dessert