Recipe type: Dessert
Who can resist a good old fashioned lemon bar? With this recipe you will not only get a great taste, but additional protein and fiber from it's crust and icing.
- 1 cup almonds, soaked in water 12-48 hours
- 1 cup brazil nuts, soaked in water for 6 hours
- 2 cups raisins
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp celtic salt
- 1 cup pitted dates
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespon lemon zest
- Combine all ingredients except the icing ingredients in a blender and process until smooth and creamy. Place in glass pan.
- Combine icing ingredients together and smooth over lemon bar mixture in pan. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving.
Complexity: Very easy