Flaxseed "Vanilla Shortcake"
Recipe type: Dessert
Whether you make these into bars or muffins, plain or add blueberries or bananas, this is one dessert that will have you definitely coming back for more!
- 6 tablespoons organic butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- ¼ cup heavy cream or coconut milk
- ½ teaspoon stevia
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup golden flaxseed, freshly ground
- 4 ounce chopped walnuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon of nutmeg
- Cream Cheese Spread for muffins, (Optional)
- 3 oz organic cream cheese, softened (or refridgerated coconut milk)
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, softened
- A few dashes or drops of stevia
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Beat butter, eggs and cream together, then add stevia and vanilla.
- Mix dry ingredients together and add to egg mixture.
- Pour into greased (8X8) or lined muffin tin and bake for 15-20 minutes. Serve warm.
- *Optional: You can add your favorite fruit (such and bananas or blueberries) to the mixed batter before putting in the oven for a great taste.
- For Cream Cheese Spread: Beat all the ingredients until smooth, (spread on the top of muffins.)
Complexity: Very easy