Black Bean Brownie
Recipe type: Dessert
Try this brownie recipe and satisfy your sweet tooth without crashing your diet.
- 2 eggs
- 1 egg white
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 15 oz can black beans
- ½ cup baking cocoa (heaping)
- 1 teaspoon Stevia (extract powder)
- ⅓ cup plain yogurt or 100% pure pumpkin
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup 60% Ghiradelli chocolate chips, chopped (optional)
- Grease an 8x8 square dish with olive oil. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Drain and rinse the can of black beans.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs light; add the vanilla extract and olive oil. Combine on low speed until blended. Add the Stevia, yogurt, and applesauce. Continue to mix on low speed.
- In a small bowl, combine the cocoa powder and the baking powder and stir until well blended. Add the black beans to a food processor and run it on medium to high speed, until the beans are thoroughly pulverized.
- Add black beans to mixing bowl. Blend. Add the cocoa and baking powder mixture and run on low speed until fully blended. When the mixture is runny, with very few lumps of beans, pour it into the baking dish. Drop the chocolate chips randomly over top. (optional)
- Place the center of the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes. The brownies will be ready when a toothpick inserted into the middle, comes out clean. Cool and enjoy. (These are best after chilled in refrigerator)
Complexity: Very easy