Amazing Black Bean Brownie Recipe
Recipe type: Dessert
These chocolate brownies are just what the name says- AMAZING! A must try for any chocolate lover.
- 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate (85% dark is wonderful)
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups soft cooked black beans, drained well
- 1 cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 large eggs
- 1½ cups maple syrup or yacon syrup
- ½ cup gluten free flour (brown rice or all purpose flour works)
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Butter an 11 by 18 inch pan.
- Melt the butter and chocolate together, stir to melt the chocolate together completely. Put beans and butter/chocolate mixture in a food processor to blend. The batter should be thick and the beans smooth.
- Add rest of ingredients. Beat until well blended.
- Bake for 40 minutes until brownies are set. Let cool in pan completely before cutting into squares. (They will be soft until refrigerated, preferably overnight.) Makes 45 (2 inch) brownies.
Complexity: Very easy