Wild Salmon Hash
Recipe type: Breakfast
This yummy combo of flavors can be served topped with any style of eggs and garnished with chives.
- Roasted red potatoes:
- 1½ pound small red potatoes (or sweet potatoes with skin,) cut up
- ½ teaspoon thyme
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons organic butter
- 3 leeks or small onions
- 2 cups salmon or any other fish, chopped up
- ½ cup heavy cream, raw or organic
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Ground pepper
- ¼ cup fresh chives
- Directions for red potatoes: Heat oven to 450 degrees. Toss potatoes with ingredients. Bake 45-55 minutes. Cool slightly.
- *To cut cook time by 20 minutes, cook potatoes in extra-virgin olive oil on low.
- Hash directions: Melt butter in pan and saute onion until soft. Add fish and cook till done.
- Add potatoes and saute 2 minutes. Add cream, salt, and pepper. Cook 2 minutes.
- Serve with eggs on top, any style, and garnish with chives.
Complexity: Very easy